After a busy day when you shut down, it's a good time to reflect on what is self care for you.
Alone time is what does it for me. Some quiet during a run or a walk is how I recharge my batteries. It's a little harder to get alone time these days with the pandemic quarantine, but there is always a way to sneak off for a little alone time when you need it.
Self care is also good for the immune system. What are some of the things that we can do to recharge our batteries and bring peace and calmness to our bodies?
Here are a few ideas:
- Go to bed early - establish a routine
- Setting Boundaries: auto responders on your email to let people know you won't reply to them right away. Don't say yes to everything. Learn to say no.
- Joyful movement: you can run, walk, be in nature, garden, yoga, workout. Just find what works for you in your body
- Decide what you enjoy and what you need to let go of.
- Be aware of your feelings and honour them.
- Don't try to be all things to all people at all times.
Self care allows you to live your best life. It gives you space to do the things you want to do. Self care allows you to show up authentically, with joy and energy.